eeek, snake!

This is what I stumbled upon as I was cleaning up the backyard - okay, the picture so does not do this little guy justice. He was much larger in person, I swear!

Wait a minute...are those legs I see?

Oh...ahem...hello little lizard.

And yes, I did call Kaz at work to tell him there was a snake in the backyard (at this point I was a little freaked out). He asked what shape head i
t had (to tell if it's poisonous he says, which I didn't know), and I say I'm not close enough to see what the shape is (duh!). So he told me to just stay away - so I went inside and got my camera to take pictures. With the zoom on 100%, too. I was not getting close to the sucker. You just have to trust me on this - it looked much larger in person. Of course, then I had to call him back a couple minutes later and explain how my "snake" had grown legs.

I just thought I should share this, despite the laughs ya'll are having at my expense. That's okay, go ahead - it's totally deserved.


Meanwhile, my girls were having a grand ol' time playing in the water today. We first played in the front yard (okay, they played and I dug up the flower bed to plant poppies). They ended up covered from head to toe in mud (I did not get pictures of this), so I just hosed them down and then let them play in the backyard.