artwork you can eat

It is a totally gorgeous day out today, but the girls and I had our limit (probably me more than them!) after two hours at the park, an hour going to the farmers market, and then another hour having a picnic at yet another park.

So I decided to do an activity that would keep us busy for a while indoors. Awhile back I saw a blog that gave some ideas for this - okay, so they were stuck
indoors because the weather was too cold/snowy, but hey, I had laundry to finish and a kitchen to clean.

Using Cool Whip and food coloring, the girls helped me make different color 'paints' for their 'cookie sheet' paper.

What a blast this was! It kept the girls busy for about 45 minutes, and they loved that they could lick up any paint they got on their hands.




Bella's artwork




Lola's artwork




Lola hamming it up

__________________________________

Speaking of artwork you can eat...

I have been making a salad for myself to eat just about every day for the past month. Sometimes for lunch, sometimes for dinner. And yes, to me it's like
artwork. Some Spring greens, almonds, sunflower seeds, sliced strawberries & green apple, tomato & basil feta cheese all topped with a white Balsamic vinagrette. Yum, yum! Or as my kids would say, yummy, yummy for my tummy!

As I was sitting down to dinner last night with my salad, Lola told me "Momma, you know it's not healthy to eat the same thing every single night!" No, really, when it's a salad filled with all these yummy things it is! She didn't believe me.

Anyhow, the only thing I am looking for is a good vinagrette that is a lighter version (doesn't have to be fat-free). Is there such a thing out there? Do any of you know of one? I have tried a couple, but they're just okay, not great.

And just in case you were wondering, yes, I will be having this salad again tonight for dinner.