First, let me just say that words and I don't always mix. You may wonder then, why am I writing a blog? I have been following some blogs for a while now and have been inspired to try my own. I must admit, I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but here I go...
First I had to pick a name. I had been thinking, and thinking, and thinking (yes, for WEEKS - here is where that not mixing with words comes in) about a blog name, when I heard a speaker at my mom's group talk about 'amateur'. Lo and behold she said the word amateur, when translated from the French amator or amare, means "lover" or "to love". I felt that 'amateur momma' described me perfectly. I am passionate about my husband and children. I have a personal passion to stay at home with my children and create a loving and peaceful environment for them and my husband. Not that things are always peaceful...with two young girls (21 months apart) and one momma who can be quite eh, expressive with my emotions at times, things are far from perfect. But I continue to strive to be a better momma and wife each day.
Secondly, I needed to pretty up my blog a little. That was definitely the most fun. (Thank you to Lena Toews at Simply Fabulous Blogger Layouts!) I wanted my blog to reflect my personality a bit and I just love for things to look beautiful, too!
Lastly, I had to post. This wasn't so hard after all.
Come along with me as I start this new journey. I enjoy company.