Okay, so after eleven hours, we finally arrived in Arizona - exhausted, but oh-so-happy to be there. Despite being up since 4:30am (oh, were we supposed to fall back asleep at some point in the car, mom?), the girls did great - no fighting, polite to one another, singing, reading, coloring - truly I could have not asked for a better drive. (The drive home was a whole 'nother story - tired, cranky...and that just describes me!)
I was surprised by the heat - even though it was around 102' each day, it was not as hot as I had imagined. I grew up in the desert, but have forgotten what very little humidity feels like. Even when fat plops of rain were falling on us outside, the humidity was only 18%. As long as we stayed in the shade, it was very pleasant.
The girls and I had so much fun, they were their usual goofy selves making everyone laugh. And even though we were warned about snakes and other critters to keep an eye out for, it still scared the c**p out of me when I opened the front door to a 3-ft. rattler. Needless to say, I didn't get a picture of that.




