magic shades

The girls caught a glimpse of their first rainbow yesterday.  They have been asking forever when they would see one, so to finally see it was just so exciting!  The girls and I were coming back from breakfast when I saw one off in the distance.  I quickly went to the side of the road and got the girls out of the car to see.


I picked up Bella first and tried to point it out to her, but she couldn't see it.  Then I picked up Lola so she could try and see it.  Well, she couldn't either.  Of course I'm thinking, what the heck was in my coffee?  I take off my sunglasses to get a better look and can hardly see the rainbow at all; put them back on and it's there again.  So this time I put my sunglasses on the girls and then point it out and they are able to see it.

Lola - "Wow, momma!  Your glasses are magic!"

I had just gotten my new sunglasses last week, so the girls really think my glasses are magic.  I know it has something to do with my lenses that are polarized, but it's more fun to think of them as my magic shades!