oh, your twins are so cute!

What? Is it just me, or do my children not look like twins? Not only that, but they don't even really look like sisters, they are that different in their looks. I know there are fraternal twins, but usually when someone mentions twins, I always think identical. But this is the fourth time in the past couple of months I have been told something about my "twins". I just don't get it, but I think people are just trying to be friendly and are not really looking at them too closely. It's kind of like when Lola was a baby - she was completely bald until she was one, so I used to dress her in a lot of pink so people would know she was a girl. But sure enough, 75% of the time, people would comment on my son.

It reminds me about something a friend's mom said when we were teenagers - 'people really focus most of their attention on themselves and very little on other people'. I know she said this to help us to be more self-assured at that oh-so-awkward stage, but I still think it applies. Yes, you do care about people (and of course you think about your friends/family), but I know I can be so caught up in my life that I may be friendly to someone at the store, but do I really pay close attention to them? I wonder how many times I've been the one to make the silly comment?

Anyhow, on a totally different note, I just wanted to brag about the best-husband-in-the-world I have. Kaz took the night to himself yesterday, but when he came home he brought me two books. So unexpected, and such a sweet gesture, I just had to let you guys know what a great guy I have.